My Books

The Seasons Series, 1194-1197 (sometimes known as the Graistan Chronicles)

The Elizabethan Lady Series

The Warrior Series (set in the time of King John and the Magna Carta)

The Regency (…what was I thinking?! Far too civilized!)

A Servant of the Crown Mystery Series.  I built this series around the FitzHenry Family, who will make appearances in the books as time goes on.  My sleuth is Sir Faucon de Ramis, a cousin of Gilliam and Geoffrey FitzHenry.  He’s accompanied in his investigations by a very reluctant clerk, Brother Edmund and assisted in his forensics by a lay brother, Brother Colin, a former apothecary of Stanrudde.  You might remember Colin from A Love for All Seasons.

Lastly, there’s a memoir I co-wrote with Monica Sarli. There’s supposed to be another book in the series but I haven’t had time to dedicate to writing it.

114 Responses to My Books

1. Linda says:

Please write more medievals. I have read all of your seasons books and lovvvvved them. I am looking forward to more.

2. Denise says:

Hi Linda,
    Thanks so much for loving my books! I am actually (trying to) work on a new Medieval novella. (I thought I’d start small and see how it goes ;-D). It’s set in 14th Century Holland. I lived in the Netherlands for a year or so and have always wanted to set something there.

Thanks again!
    Denise

3. Machelle Langseth says:

WOW WEEE……. Your talk at the Writer’s Group this afternoon (24th) was extrodinarily helpful and a real eye opener…
    I’m a bit of an odd “girl” out in that bunch but really think they are nice people.. anyway…..opened your “new” book and had to set it down after 2 pages because I knew if I read more.. I lose the entire evening…. Cant wait and thank you again for your time!!
    m

4. Denise says:

Thanks so much Machelle. So, did I misspell your name when I signed the book? Sorry :-(

d.

5. Dana says:

Hi, Denise. It was so fun to see you again Saturday. I agree – write more historicals! On another note, I like to give speakers a chance to read my blurb about there talk. If you send me your email address tonight or in the morning, I’ll send you a copy. I need to send it out no later than tomorrow afternoon. dana.mcneely@yahoo.com – or the email I registered under with wordserve for your site – if you can see that one, I will see your response earlier in the day.

6. Dana says:

woops – “about their talk” – Dana

7. Julie says:

Hi Denise,
    I have been a fan of yours for many years. Your writing actually inspired me to want to become a writer. I have gone back and forth between novels and screenplays, but the bottom line is I have to write as it makes me feel more alive. I want to sincerely thank you for writing the “seasons” books. I could never wait to pick up the next one.
    Will you be speaking at another writers group in the near future?
    Best regards, Julie

8. Julie says:

Hi Denise,
    Will you be speaking at another writers group in the near future?
    Best regards, Julie

9. Denise says:

Julie! Thanks so very much for your amazing, kind, day-making words. I so appreciate it. Wow, screenplays, too? I wish I had what it takes to write something like that. Unfortunately, I think in long, long pages. :-/ I hope your career goes great guns!

Denise

10. Amokura Panoho says:

Hi there, just letting you know that I found Winters Heat only the other night, have just finished Summers Storm and am about to bury myself in Springs Fury. My husband unfortunately isn’t impressed and is trying to encourage me out of reading room by enticing me with his cooking…lol

I love the series, your heroes and heroines are so believable and I love that you have attempted to glamourise them beyond what they would actually be thinking and believing from that time period. Keep up the good work as I have just finished downloading Autumns Flame onto my Kindle.

11. Denise says:

Thanks so much for letting me know. I love it when my books cause marital concern… :-D Is he cooking anything really wonderful?

Thanks again for enjoying my guys,

Denise

12. Janelle says:

Hi there-

Stumbled upon “Winter’s Heat” on my Kindle and L.O.V.E.D. it! I really like your writing style and the depth of your characters. I just finished Summer’s Storm and can’t wait to get started on the rest! In order, of course :)

I, too am struggling with marital discord over books. He never understands how I can go from one book right to another. However- now that I have a Kindle- my husband thinks it’s just one long book I’m reading. I just keep telling him “one more chapter!” Haha.

Please keep writing- I’m a fan!

13. Denise says:

VBG! Thanks, Denise

14. KMB says:

Any chance you know in advance when one of your books will be released on Kindle? I’ve read all the ones available on Kindle and would love to have the rest!

15. Denise says:

Have you found The Warrior’s Wife yet? That just went up yesterday…or was it the day before? Either way, it’s available. The link should be visible on the “My Books” page or you can click on the cover as it flashes by in the sidebar. If you’ve already read that one, then 1) you’re a really fast reader :-D and 2) I should have another one available in a few days. I’m 80 some odd pages into Almost Perfect–set in the Regency era, prepping it to become a Kindle. I’m already thinking over cover art.

Thanks for liking my books that much! I really do appreciate it.
    Denise

16. KMB says:

I did already read it. I didn’t know it had just come out until I went back to check if there were more. I bought it yesterday and finished it today. I should note that while I am a fast reader my husband was out of town this weekend. ;-)

17. Denise says:

Holy smokes you are fast! I know what it you mean about having time when a hubby is on the road. Ed has traveled for most of our marriage…made it easier to spend hours and hours at the computer writing. Conversion update: I decided to work on Almost Perfect, the sort of Regency era one because (for some strange reason) I thought it would be easier. Not. However, I’ll finish the edits and formatting today, work on the cover and title tomorrow, then hopefully upload it Friday or Saturday. I’m not sure if I like this one very much, though. It’s so far out of my comfort zone, historically speaking. You’ll let me know, right? :-D

18. Heather says:

Denise, I have voraciously read all of your books-I particularly enjoyed the one with Temric. I agree with you, I have quite a fondness for the medieval men who were ready to go on Crusade and fight for their lady much more than the Regency period. Keep it up…I’m anxious to read more!

19. KMB says:

Well, if you ever need help editing . . . ;-). Editing used to be part of my job description, though it wasn’t fiction. Thanks for the chutney recipe too. I’ll try it next year. Living in Kansas, I had to pick all my green tomatoes in early October. I put them in a brown bag and left them on the counter. One month later I had enough ripe tomatoes–and left over garden jalapenos and onions–to make one mean salsa.

20. Denise says:

Thanks Heather. I like being back in the real Olden days. :-D It’s kind of how I garden, too.

21. Denise says:

And now you farm? Looks like there’s a crossover between working with words and working the earth. Thanks much for the offer. I might just take you up on it, since I have such a hard time seeing what I’ve ACTUALLY written (as compared to what I THINK I’ve written…:-/)

22. KMB says:

Well I wouldn’t say we farm. We have a garden. Some years it’s fruitful, others it’s a disappointment. Last year was a mixed bag. But I can’t wait for the end of January when the seed catalogs come in the mail.

23. Denise says:

Oh, I hate seed catalogs. I become mesmerized. I can’t stop reading them, dreaming about what might be. Do you can as well?

Btw, this is why it’s taking so long to get the books up. The files were all corrupted at some point:
    X  ÔÝ   Ýñ19ñ›ñ19ññ 19ññ@8ñ›ñ@8ññ19ññ19ññ19ññ @8ñ›ñ@8ñÑ  „° ÑØ   I   ØÔ_    ÔÔ_    ÔÑ7 €  U4 X X dì dÈ 7 ÑÔ_    ÔÓ     ÓÑ €  Ññ @8ñœñ@8ñÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÒ  Ü° ÒÌà@ VV) V àˆÌà@ JJ# V àChapter€SevenˆÌÌà  àEven€with€a€donkey„drawn€cart€to€slow€their€pace,€it€tookÏbut€a€quarter€hour€to€lead€Haydonððs€men€to€Coneytrop€once€theyÏexited€Knabwellððs€city€gates.€€Coneytrop.€€Josce€rolled€theÏword€over€his€tongue.€€Rabbitððs€village,€thatððs€what€it€meant.€ÏThe€corner€of€his€mouth€curled.€€An€apt€name€for€the€cowardÏsheriffððs€home.Ìà

24. KMB says:

Oh my. That looks discouraging. Is there a fast way to remedy it, or is it as difficult as it looks?

25. KMB says:

I don’t can . . . yet. But I want a pressure cooker for Christmas. We’ll see what Santa brings me.

26. Denise says:

It’s time consuming. Lots of “find and replace”, then editing to see if stuff that should have been there stayed there.

27. Denise says:

Oh, let me know if Santa brings you one and how you like it. I have a friend who has used a pressure cooker for all her married life (that’s a lot of years in her case since she married her high school sweetheart–not like me who kept yelling “Rotate” at the altar) and says she can’t live without it. I’m timid in that department, sure that I’m going to either blow up the house or kill myself.

28. Amber Anderson says:

So someone brand new to your books should read them in what order? As listed above?

29. Kay Borke says:

I’ve just found you (as an author) and love your style! Medieval is my preferred era so I’ve read Winter’s Heat, Summer’s Storm and Spring’s Fury. I’m just starting Autumn’s Flame and have already downloaded A Love For All Season’s. I’m really glad you have them available on Kindle! I love the way you not only tell the entwined story, but enrich the characters themselves. Thank you so much.

30. Denise says:

No particular order. The order they’re listed in is how I wrote them but they should stand alone. It might help to read Winter before Summer, maybe. Spring takes place in the middle of Autumn and A Love for All Seasons is its own book completely.

31. Denise says:

Thanks so much Kay!
    Denise

32. Denise says:

AT LAST! I got another book up on Kindle–The Warrior’s Maiden (previously titled My Lady’s Temptation). I had forgotten how dark that book was. It reminded me of Star Trek’s Deep Space Nine when that first hit the airwaves. None of the characters liked or trusted any of the other characters. Anyway, I now remember toying with the idea of a Medieval mystery series at the same time because I had so much fun with the mystery in this book. I’m still toying with that idea… :-D

33. KMB says:

Hooray. I’m off to Amazon.

P.S. I am getting the pressure cooker for Christmas. Looking forward to canning next year.

34. Denise says:

Keep me updated on that pressure cooker!

35. Millie Gamboa says:

I bought Winter’s Heat and Spring’s Fury and loved both. I wanted to get The Warrior’s Wife and Warrior’s Maiden but they do not come up on Barnes and Noble. I have a Nook. Are your books no longer available for the Nook? Please say it isn’t so!!

36. Denise says:

Hi Millie, Some of my books are down with Barnes and Noble while I test drive the Amazon lending program, but not the two Warrior books. I just haven’t quite gotten them converted yet. I’ll work on them this weekend and see if I can get them up.

37. Denise says:

Hi All, I’m letting you know that Almost Perfect is available now on NOOK. I’m still working on the Kindle version. I’ll also be adding Lady in White and The Warrior’s Maiden on NOOK (they aren’t in the Amazon lending program). March 6th my contract with Amazon’s Lending program ends and I’ll return the books to Barnes and Noble. ( I haven’t been impressed by the Amazon Prime stuff.) By the way, there are probably some editing things still wrong with Almost Perfect. She’s going up before my copy editor is finished. If you see something that needs to be changed, let me know.
    Thanks!
    Denise

38. Mary says:

I have really enjoyed your books. I loved Gilliam’s story the best so far. I am just starting Autumn’s Flame. When are you going to do Jos’s story???? I was so hoping the last book in the series was going to be his story. Sorry to hear you will no longer be with Amazon. I received a Kindle for Christmas. I may not have found your stories without it.

39. Denise says:

Hi Mary,
    Thanks for your kind words about my books! I’m so glad you’re enjoying them. I’m still going to be a Kindle author…I’m just not sure I’ll be part of the Amazon Lending program. I’m not sure that program has been worth denying my books to all the people who have Nooks instead of Kindles. :-D

As for Jos’s story, I have thought about him. He was such a trooper!

And for everyone else, I still have one more book to bring out as an e-book: The Warrior’s Game. Once it’s up and running I’m going to write something new. I’m just not sure what yet. :-D

Thanks again to everyone!
    Denise

40. Zeneha says:

Woohoo! I have been eagerly awaiting The Warrior’s Game so I can buy all three of the warrior series at once. I love instant gratification. :)

41. Jackie Ellis says:

I have just finished your Seasons series. I came across Winter’s Heat on Amazon so thought I’d give it a go. Now, this from someone who not only doesn’t favour romance, but particularly not historical romance! Well, I was only a few chapters in when I knew I was smitten and had to rush back to Amazon to buy the rest of the series!! I have read them all in 5 days :) I am now a believer!

I’m not sure which of the brother’s I love more! All their stories were unique, their personalities varied and beguiling! The women the same!

I am absolutely devastated now that I’ve just read the last page of the last book :( I didn’t want the series to end. I really want Rob to meet his other brothers also! Oh.. I can see another book in that!! *wink wink* … ahh yes, some long forgotten enemy of their father comes to see the end of Gaistan’s seed! The brothers must band together to fight this new foe.. meanwhile, all the strong women in this series have to play their part… Nicola with her strength, Rowena and Phillipa with their wiles, Elyssa with her demure self effacing and Johanna with her wealth. Hmmm… hehe… sorry, couldn’t help myself try and convince you! Oh and as another stated.. Jos! And the other young heirs surely too could come to life ;)

I have just bought the first of the Warrior Series and look forward to getting my teeth into that!

Congrats on your wonderful writing and I look forward to reading many more!

42. Denise says:

Hi Jackie,
    Don’t tell anyone but today is my birthday and you have just given me the best birthday present ever. Thanks so much for loving my books!
    Denise

43. Jackie Ellis says:

Oh i only just made it back to see your reply! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!! I’m so pleased my wee comment added to it :)
    I got distracted with two of your Warrior books the past few days ;)
    Can’t wait to read more books! Now….get writing!! Lol.
    Much respect, Jackie

44. mslvoe says:

Hai Denise,

I really want to read your books but unfortunately due to my region, I can’t buy from Amazon. Can you list your ebooks in Smashwords or Allromanceebooks.com?

Hope to hear from you

45. Denise says:

I’m so sorry…due to financial considerations (my books are supporting us as we convert to farming) I can’t list my books with anyone except Amazon at this time. However that may not be the case 6 months from now. Keep in touch and I’ll keep reporting on the situation as it develops.
    Denise

46. Susanna Bryan says:

Hi Denise,
    When I first read The Warrior’s Maiden, I was automatically hooked! I’ve read 3 of the Graistan’s Chronicles so far and am currently reading The Warrior’s Wife. You have a wonderful way of capturing your reader’s imagination. Your style of writing flows smoothly that I never find myself bored or skipping pages. I love the action and adventure that you incorporate in your romance novels, not the mention the accurate historical description that goes along with it. Unlike the typical romance novels I’ve read, your story has a way of keeping the suspense because of it’s unpredictability. You are now officially on my top 5 favorite authors!

47. Denise says:

Geez, thanks so much Susanna! You made my day,

Denise

48. Jenn says:

Hi! I just wanted to say I love your works. When finals come around i generally try and find the easiest reads and my favs are trashy romance novels. The more poorly written and prosaic the book the happier I am. I can read a book and get back to work. Your novels were a shock! I expected the same old same story lines and writing, but what i found was a well written work that was, as far as I could tell, devoid of anachronistic characters and happenings. I wasn’t able to stop at just one book. I had to read them all back to back…sleepless nights and now looming deadlines, but it was so worth it! Thank you!!

49. Jenn says:

Just thought I should clarify…your work was not what I was looking for (trashy and prosaic) but just what I needed. Is it selfish to wsth you at least 8 more books out

50. Denise says:

Hi Jenn,
    Thanks so much for my morning laugh! I’m honored that my books were just what you needed after finals. :-D

Denise